Merit GateD Consortium Documentation
New Membership Categories
Small Commercial Members
Privileges of Membership
The privileges of a Small Commercial Membership are related to one of
the following GateD Product lines:
Unicast (version 4)
(Click here for Version 4 Small Commercial License.)
- GateD Multicast
(Click here for Version 5 Small Commercial License.)
- GateD IPv6 (version 6)
(Click here for Version 6 Small Commercial License.)
The Privileges are:
a) Unlimited distribution of binaries in commercial products for the
duration of the membership.
b) Source code distributed to development teams at Member's corporation
or research site. Source may not distributed in commercial products.
c) Access to GateD Member-only Documentation and Tools
d) Early access to new source code, tools and documentation prior to
a general release to Academic and Research Members for a period agreed
upon by Consortium Members but not less than three weeks.
e) The ability to get an Email response to technical questions
f) Additional training is available to Members at Cost at prescheduled
times of mutual convenience to the members of the GateD Project Development
- g) Regular communications including paper releases and electronic communications
as appropriate. Such communications shall detail GateD Project and Consortium
developments and progress.
- h) 1 Voting Member may attend periodic GateD Consortium Meetings containing
Technical Briefings and Progress Review. At these meetings Members shall
have the following privileges:
- input to GateD software development and deployment discussions,
- access at prescheduled times of mutual convenience to members of the
GateD Project Development Team.
- i) Members have the right to request a yearly summary of the Consortium
expenditures and financial plans.
- j) Mention on the Merit GateD Web Pages for Products and Services.
- k) GateD t-shirts.
Cost of Small Commercial Membership
Small Commercial Membership fees are
for the 1st year
$15,000 for the 2nd through 15th year of membership
The lower fees in the 2nd through 15th year of membership are available
as long a the GateD membership continues. If a company discontinues membership
for a product line for a year, the membership fee starts out at $50,000
for the first year.
These cost can be viewed as initial payment for the rights to use and
distribute binaries. The memberships in the 2nd through 15th years is similar
to a yearly maintenance fee to keep the code current with Internet standards.
After the GateD Consortium reaches 15 years of gated, the fees for a
product may be re-examined.
The Small Commercial Membership is available to companies who:
- have any annual revenue of less than $900,000,
- have less 100 employees, and
- are engaged in using GateD in commercial products.