Code, Tools and Documentation GateD Consortium
GateD-Multicast (Version 5)
The GateD source code, tools and documentation are based on three
different product lines: GateD Unicast, GateD Multicast, GateD IPv6.
Each of the product lines has its own software base, release dates, and
New GateD source code, tools and internal documentation is available to
GateD members only . Binaries for utilities and
on-line documentation are available for anonymous ftp or via the web.
Members of the Academic and Research community can join the
the Merit GateD Consortium by simply filling out a GateD
Academic and Research Membership License form.
This membership merely requires that the member:
- register the machines to GateD source code and/or binaries will be distributed, and
- agree to return any enhancements to the project for redistribution.
GateD Multicast supports the following Multicast protocols specified
by the IETF:
- within a local lan: IGMP version 2
- within a multicast area: DVMRP v3, CBT, PIM-SM
- Between Areas of Multicasting: Multicast Inter-operability
- Network Management: SNMP via CMU Agent)
- Network MIBs supported:(Multicast, IGMP,PIM-SM)
GateD Unicast has grown out of the public domain GateD 3.6.2 code base.